2009/08/13

Q9

看過台灣這麼多面向,你認為台灣有什麼需要改變之處?而你能做什麼以幫助台灣改變?
After seeing so many aspects of Taiwan, do you think there is anything in Taiwan that should be changed? What can you do to help to change Taiwan?

Taiwan needs to change. I think it needs to create a bigger identity in the world, and not live in the shadow of the big giant behemoth of a country to the left of them. Whilst I said earlier, that I cannot do anything, persay, to swing Taiwan into the limelight, I can however, spread good news of Taiwan's culture and promote Taiwan's existence, and even visit more often. Bringing friends and others to Taiwan would also help spread the news that Taiwan is here to stay and it is different from China. I can definitely help to raise awareness between Taiwan and China. After all, many of my friends have asked me, are you chinese? I answer with I'm Taiwanese, and they go "same diff". I want to change that notion.

Taiwan needs a greater presence in the world stage. At this point, I can tell other people how great Taiwan is, though I am skeptical of the impact this would have.

I think the government personals should improve more on their 國際觀。
Also during this trip, I noticed that I still can’t find the unique ‘feel’ of Taiwan that differentiates it from other countries, from the cultural perspective in particular.

Taiwan should be more visitor-friendly. As someone who can’t read Chinese, it would be difficult for me to take public transportation in Taiwan.

I’m worried about the amount of pollution in Taipei. It seems that such a large number of vehicles is making the sky gray and the air smoggy. We should promote public transportation more to decrease reliance on scooters and cars.

I feel that the atmosphere of Taiwan must convenience be changed for the better. Despite of motorcycles, they are incredibly inefficient and poisonous. The large amount of greenhouse gases emitted, combined with the gradual destruction of the ozone, are slowly heating up Taiwan and making it harder to live in. We can help change Taiwan by increasing awareness of these issues and imposing stricter emissions regulations.

Don’t know enough to say.

Two things: internal development, particularly within technology or other areas that Taiwan can leverage as its strengths. Second, image and presence on a global stage. I think that Taiwan must identify itself on the global stage as a leader in something, or as characteristic in something. It has many great attributes (e.g. familial treatment of everyone, technological advances, etc.), and those must be articulated. Both will help it rise to prominence. For instance, Denmark is internationally known as the happiest and healthiest country in the world because of its living style and happy people. Taiwan can leverage this component from its own people. Alternatively, Japan rose to prominence largely because of its technological advances; again, Taiwan can do the same. The combination of these two factors should be very helpful in elevating Taiwan on a global stage.

I think that if we change anything in taiwan...it wouldnt be taiwan anymore...i have no idea what should be changed...becaus for me taiwan is taiwan...and i'll always come back

I think that Taiwan government does very well in developing Taiwan tourism. The matter is exploring Taiwan to many countries in the world, so encourage them come to Taiwan – A country- Touch Your heart

I think that while it’s good that there are so many different groups devoted to their own singular cause, I am not sure that it is the most efficient way to get something done. For example, at Wu-wei, they are all about sustainability, but I felt that it was very confined to their own community. While you can’t impose such a lifestyle on others, it is worth a try to reach out to others, perhaps by uniting with a singular cause, and this way it can be a bigger movement.
As an outsider to Taiwan, I think the best that I can do is to make an effort to learn about Taiwan’s concerns, raise awareness to the issues, starting with college students.

Put more garbage can thank you. I can probably help Taiwan by promoting the country and persuading my friends to spend their money in Taiwan rather than wasting it in Thailand. But in the end, it is still up to Taiwan to make the difference if it is willing to attract tourists; like changing its images (clean the streets) and improving its facility to a more foreigner friendly condition.

I think that there are some areas of the city that can be cleaned up or otherwise renovated. I could help do so through community service or some other form of administration of aid.

In a place that is becoming more and more international/globalized/Americanized, Taiwan must not forget its roots – they are precious.
Taiwan should change its education system slightly so it is less focused on exam results/ competition/ learning textbooks off by heart, leaving more room for creativity and personal development. I’m not sure I can do much about this myself.

I wish that parents would stop putting so much pressure on their kids to do well in education, but instead make them enjoy their life a bit better. Not everyone is suited to studying and the sooner parents realize this the better. What will I do? I’m going to preach this to every bossy parent I see.

This trip was mainly observatory as opposed to judgmental, so I did not focus on things that I thought should be changed in Taiwan. However, I think Professor Lee’s statement that Taiwan must improve its basic technology is warranted. I found the visit to ITRI to be interesting, but I felt that Taiwan was still a bit behind technologically compared to the rest of the world. I have heard that Taiwan simply does not do Research and Development for the industry sector because it cannot keep up with other nations. I do not know if this is true, but surely Taiwan is not known for its breakthroughs in technology like other nations, such as Japan. I am not sure if this is a problem that has come about through lack of government funding or academics, but I do feel that Taiwan should be more ambitious in its technology sector to create a name for itself on the global level.

If there was one thing that I wish could be changed about Taiwan, it would be Taiwan’s status in the world. Perhaps this is an answer to how other countries should change. Taiwan is trying so hard and it is sad to see that it is not receiving the respect that it deserves. As for me, I can probably just try my best to promote Taiwan’s name, from their advanced technology and good education, to good food and beautiful scenery.

交通便利程度還可以改進。還有英語導覽XD
跟外國人好好當朋友,讓他們每年都會回台灣消費!!

多年來台灣一直在尋找自己的認同,雖然因為歷史因素造就了多元文化,但經過幾十年後,我們依舊缺乏對於台灣文化的定義,也許多元是一種象徵與特色,可哪一個國家不多元呢!?我們可以呈現出來的台灣是什麼?也許是需要台灣人深刻去思考的。雖然目前還沒有辦法為台灣文化找出一個定義,但也許我可以透過自己的想法、定義,將台灣介紹給不同國家的朋友,或是透過身邊的人一同去發揚台灣土地的精神,就算不一定能改變台灣,至少這是我們唯一能做的。

對於外來者來說,我們總希望呈現最美好的一面;然而,就像導演說的,我們不僅要感受台灣的各個面向、同時也要把好的、壞的都呈現出來,認真思考未來的出路。台灣最大弊病莫過於短視近利,而且對於閱讀的深度、廣度都不夠深厚。政府的官僚文化這次親身體驗,實在有夠夭壽。民間力量不僅要制衡政府,還續進一步的利用策略聯盟,達到社會正義。我們需對於台灣的未來有個藍圖、願景,並且要攘政策能落實、執行這個願景。此外,身處資本主義社會的台灣,政府應當對於經濟、文化、教育弱勢的地方給予挹注。我能做的,就是深刻的了解台灣、了解歷史、國際情勢,並多多參與活動,哪天我能使上力時,全力以赴。

台灣需要改變的是思維和某些觀點。過去以來,台灣人的民粹被激發得毫無限度地膨漲,從而消耗了台灣的社會凝聚力和國際上的競爭力。在我的工作範圍內,我能做到的是給予台灣正確和正面的宣傳、報導。

1.環境衛生方面,蚊子實在太多,街道髒亂。
2.許多小吃或餐廳雖然好吃,但用餐環境不佳。
3.用太多人工調味料,太油。
4.地方特色不夠鮮明,到處的小吃都差不多。

台灣很美,但需要更多行銷人才來把台灣的美包裝後傳播到世界給大家知道。

台灣對外時需要客觀和小心求證(攻)。
台灣對內時需要客觀和細心觀察再接受(守)。

台灣需要改變的是台灣人本身一定要自己去明白自己台灣的美,最重要的是政府人員,他們如果只知部分大景點,其實真的很可惜,因為如果他們什麼都不知道,他們也就不會推銷台灣,那國際就不會了解台灣的美.我覺得台灣一定要在更多的小地方架設英文的標誌,然後跟國外的旅行社合作(不是只有美國),讓他們推出更多季節性或主題性的台灣旅遊,或在各國的電視多播放台灣的廣告.這樣或許會讓台灣的觀光更發達一點,也讓更多人知道台灣不是Tailand!!!

我覺得政府應該多多幫助活在社會基層的人們,幫助他們定位自已,找到自已發展的方向。才不會有那麼多失業(而且能知道,不管有沒有錢,人活著應該要快樂)

台灣人需要以更寬廣的心胸接受外來文化, 由於政治因素, 許多台灣人都將自己封閉起來, 甚至自己人對立, 這是阻礙台灣向前發展的一大問題.我希望可以帶給台灣人不一樣看待這個世界的方法, 很多事其實可以簡化, 不用想那麼多, 像美國人的生活方式, “just do it”.

台灣要改進的地方就是觀念上的問題吧,好像要做給別人看,要被看到那才是有做,我們無數的參訪行程,有美麗的簡介video呈現,但未必是我們真的在走訪台灣各地中可以感受得到政府的「用心」。現在年紀還小未能做些甚麼具體的改變,但我希望更多有知識的青年能夠站出來,讓台灣有更多的清流和創意的想法能夠被激發出來,不要讓政客成為我們生活的主宰者。

No comments:

Post a Comment